Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the US, what is the governing body of the model airplane hobby?
2. Which is not a battery type used for flying park flyers?
3. How many channels are available for FM model aircraft radios in the US?
4. Each radio has a number of discrete outputs, called channels, that control the various functions of the plane. How many channels are required to fly a powered model that has 'full house' controls?
5. Glow-powered aircraft require a special fixture in the fuel tank that keeps the fuel supply inlet submerged in the fuel (so it does not pull air into the fuel line) regardless of the plane's attitude. What is the name of this device?
6. Which channel (or receiver output) in a 4 channel radio is usually assigned to the elevator control surface?
7. Propellers for RC aircraft generally are two-bladed (although can have as many as 3 or 4 blades) and are selected based on a pair of numbers. Common sizes for sport planes are 10/6, 11/7, and 11/6. The first number designates the length of the prop. What is the meaning of the second number?
8. What is the displacement of an OS 46AX engine?
9. What is Realflight G2?
10. How many wires are in a typical servo extension cable?
Source: Author brownknows
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Moo
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.