Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 2015, the Royal Mail released two first class adhesive postage stamps to mark the 175th anniversary of the adhesive postage stamp. One reproduced the famous 'Penny Black', while the other was a replica of which stamp released very shortly afterwards?
2. A set of stamps released in 2010 featuring famous faces such as Robert Boyle, Sir Isaac Newton and Benjamin Franklin celebrated the 350th anniversary of the founding of which British institution dedicated to the sciences?
3. April 2012 saw the Royal Mail release 10 stamps commemorating the 100th anniversary of an event involving which Royal Mail Ship?
4. In 2013, the release of a set of four second class stamps, featuring a Cyberman, a Dalek, an Ood and a Weeping Angel, formed part of the Royal Mail's celebration of the 50th anniversary of which British television show?
5. On July 28, 2014 - the centenary of the start of the First World War - the Royal Mail released six commemorative stamps. Which flower featured prominently on one of the first class stamps included in the set?
6. Stamps featuring Spitfires, Hurricanes and a stately home named Bentley Priory were all part of a set released in 2015 to commemorate the 75th anniversary of which military campaign of the Second World War?
7. A set of ten first class stamps released in 2016 that featured quotes such as "Love comforteth like sunshine after rain" and "To thine own self be true" marked a major anniversary of the death of which famous British writer?
8. A first class stamp depicting the 1769 transit of Venus and a second class stamp showing Sir Joseph Banks were both part of a 2018 set produced to mark the 250th anniversary of the start of a famous voyage made by which explorer?
9. 2019 saw the Royal Mail release 12 stamps featuring designs by the famous Renaissance artist and inventor Leonard da Vinci. The set was produced to commemorate a milestone anniversary of his death, but which one?
10. An image of the monarch always appears on the UK's stamps, but one special collection from 2016 featured six first class stamps showing actual photographs of Queen Elizabeth II rather than just a side-on image of her head. What event were these stamps marking?
Source: Author Fifiona81
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.