Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Penny Black was the world's first adhesive postage stamp, in which year was it first issued?
2. What term was used to describe the design of the first cancellation post mark, as used for obliterating the earliest British postage stamps?
3. What design feature is exclusive to all postage stamps issued in Great Britain?
4. What was the highest face value of a single postage stamp issued in Great Britain in the 19th century?
5. Special envelopes were designed and issued concurrently with the first adhesive postage stamps in 1840. These were named after the designer. Who was this Victorian designer?
6. What has been the lowest face value of a single postage stamp ever issued in Great Britain?
7. A set of definitive stamps with a range of values from one half penny (1/2d) up to one shilling was issued which coincided with the fiftieth year of Queen Victoria's reign. In which year were these postage stamps were first issued?
8. In 1940 a set of commemorative stamps was issued depicting profiles of both Queen Victoria and King George VI. What event were these stamps commemorating?
9. Two commemorative stamps were issued on 3rd May 1951. What event were these stamps issued to celebrate?
10. A set of high value stamps was issued in 1955 depicting British Castles, with values of 2/6, 5/-, 10/- and £1.00. Which of the following castles was not shown on any of these stamps?
Source: Author moonraker2
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.