Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Everyone knows that the 1840 GB 'Penny Black' was the world's first postage stamp, but what color was the two-penny stamp that was issued at the same time?
2. Many early USA stamps featured a portrait of George Washington. Who else was depicted on the very first USA general issue in 1847?
3. Which animal featured on the very first Canadian stamp, catalogue #1, issued in 1851?
4. Who was the first person depicted on an Australian stamp?
5. A single stamp has been sold at auction for a world record price four times, the latest by selling for 'at least $2.3 million' in 2010. Which country does this stamp come from?
6. Who was the first non-monarch to appear on a British stamp?
7. There is only one stamp that is listed in catalogues as unique, and this is understandably recognized as the world's most valuable stamp. Which country issued it?
8. Which animal featured regularly on the stamps of Western Australia?
9. Who was depicted on the first stamps issued by France, in 1849?
10. Although more than 5 million copies of the Chinese stamp issued in 1980 to commemorate the New Year are known to exist, it now sells for more than $1,500. Which animal is depicted on this issue?
Source: Author EnglishJedi
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.