Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Where was the Penny Black first issued?
2. When was the Penny Black stamp first valid for postage?
3. Who is generally credited with the idea for the Penny Black?
4. The Penny Black has a portrait of Queen Victoria on it. Who is responsible for this portrait?
5. What is the country name printed on the Penny Black?
6. What company was chosen to print the Penny Black?
7. After only a year, the Penny Black was changed. What was done to it?
8. One other tradition was started with the Penny Black and British postage stamps -- which lasted for quite a few years. What do you think it was?
9. How many stamps were in a full pane of Penny Black stamps?
10. When did Great Britain change Victoria's portrait from the one used in 1840?
Source: Author collect
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.