Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the term that describes the collection and study of postage stamps, covers, and related post material?
2. In the context of its use within a public postal system, what is the distinction of the world famous 'Penny Black'?
3. Which of these sold for just under $1 million in 1980, making it the world's most valuable postage stamp at the time?
4. What term is used to describe postage stamps in unused, original condition, just as they came from the Post Office?
5. Who invented the aforementioned 'Penny Black'?
6. What term is used to refer to a stamp showing a production which is not constant?
7. Approximately how many stamp collectors are there in the United States?
8. Who was the first person in the world, other than a head of state, to be pictured on a stamp?
9. What foreign country was first to issue Disney stamps?
10. What country issued the world's longest pictorial set?
Source: Author JCSon
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.