Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What feminine name is a commonly used nickname for the U. S. one cent coin?
2. What are the names of the first two one cent coin designs minted in the United States in 1793?
3. In addition to the first two cent coins minted in the United States, five other designs were minted from 1793 to 1857. What is the collective name for these one cent coins?
4. During the years 1857 and 1858 a one cent coin was minted that pictured a flying animal. What animal appeared on the obverse of this coin?
5. What was the name of the one cent coin, minted between 1859 and 1909, that pictured the goddess Liberty wearing a feather head dress?
6. The next design of the one cent coin featured one of the United States' most important crops. What crop appeared on the reverse of the one cent coin from 1909 to 1958?
7. In 1959 the Lincoln Memorial cent was first minted. What is significant about the year 1959 in relation to Abraham Lincoln?
8. It is commonly believed that the modern one cent coin is primarily copper. However, it is actually only 2.5% copper. What element comprises 97.5% of the composition of the one cent coin?
9. In 2006 Congressman Jim Kolbe of Arizona introduced a bill recommending that the United States stop production of one cent coins. Which of the following was not cited as one of the reasons for stopping production of one cent coins?
10. 2008 was the last year in which the Lincoln Memorial cent was minted. What legislation called for a redesign of the one cent coin starting in 2009?
Source: Author Triviaballer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.