Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Cheerios were introduced to the public on May 1, 1941 under the name CheeriOats. What company based out of Minneapolis manufactured CheeriOats and later Cheerios?
2. Similar to some healthy option cereals, what is the main ingredient of Cheerios that gives it its crunchiness and texture?
3. Although it is not a required beverage to have with the cereal, what beverage does Cheerios packaging often place nutritional information alongside since it is commonly consumed together in a bowl?
4. Possibly the most recognizable feature of Cheerios is its distinctive shape. What commonly seen shape found in the brand's name are Cheerios?
5. In 2009 the United States Food and Drug Administration wrote a letter to the manufacturer of Cheerios stating that it was being sold as an unapproved drug. What steroid alcohol did Cheerios claim could be lowered by 4% in 6 weeks?
6. One factor that has contributed to the longevity of the Cheerios brand is the success of different flavors under the Cheerios name. Which was the first of these new flavors, released in 1976, that shared an ingredient with a popular 'Toast Crunch' cereal?
7. Possibly the most popular Cheerios brand outside of the original flavor is Honey Nut Cheerios which was released in 1979. The brand's popular mascot has which name that is closely associated with bees?
8. Another popular Cheerios brand was released in 1995. What was this brand that when compared to original Cheerios increased the sugar per serving from one gram to nine grams and changed the color to an off-white?
9. Our fast paced lives have prompted brands like Honey Nut Cheerios to be made in a way where we can hold and eat them with one hand without the need for a bowl or spoon. What is this type of product called that is probably most commonly associated with granola?
10. Our final Cheerios product sounds like it could be taken on a hike or eaten between lunch and dinner. What was this brand released in 2008 that features Cheerios, Corn Chex, Wheat Chex, round crackers, pretzels and cracker sticks flavored with garlic and onion?
Source: Author Triviaballer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.