Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This classic emulsion produced by whisking egg yolks while drizzling in oil is often used as a salad dressing and as the basis for other sauces. What is it called?
2. Delicious with seafood and vegetables, this scrumptious buttery sauce is also a key ingredient of eggs Benedict. What is its name?
3. One of my favorite potato dishes involves mashing boiled potatoes, adding butter and egg yolks, then forming the mixture into pretty shapes and baking them. What is this potato dish called?
4. A mixture of eggs and milk which is cooked to produce a thick sauce or pudding is referred to (in English) as custard. Which of the following flavoring agents would be *unlikely* in a dessert custard?
5. A baked custard whose top is covered with sugar which is then caramelized has what French name?
6. Mix egg yolks, sugar and flavorings with thickened cream. Freeze. What have you made?
7. Whoops! I added too much whipped cream to my ice cream mixture, so decided to do something different. Instead of re-blending the mixture halfway through freezing, I let it set for the entire time before turning it out and serving it in slices. What is this frozen treat called?
8. Today I am mixing my egg yolks with sugar and marsala to make a foamy mixture that is traditionally served with fresh fruit and biscotti pieces. What Italian delicacy will I be serving?
9. Today's dessert is going to be orange polenta biscuits. This recipe calls for egg yolks, butter, sugar, oranges, flour and what other ingredient?
10. Soak sponge biscuits in espresso coffee to which some marsala has been added; mix egg yolks with mascarpone cheese and sugar; place alternate layers of biscuits and cheese mixture in a dish; top with grated chocolate. What have I just made?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.