Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. My first plateful of salad was this mixed vegetable salad my parents brought with them. What is the name of those cute little tomatoes that hardly need any preparation at all before they go into a salad?
2. The next plateful of salad was an Indian vegetable platter that my older brother brought along. It had a number of interesting colors and textures in its vegetables. What vegetable was used to produce the reddish-purple wedges?
3. My sister contributed the pico de gallo with which I next filled my plate. What is the country from which this salad originates?
4. My nephew wanted to make sure there was something substantial on the salad table, so he arrived with this pasta salad. After I had filled my plate with the salad, he garnished it with the leaves from a crunchy green vegetable which is usually described as coming in stalks. What vegetable would that be?
5. My cousin also thought a pasta salad would be a good idea, and brought along the one shown here. As we filled our plates, each individual's plate was given a layer of what leafy green vegetable on which the pasta was then placed? Popeye would definitely have chosen this one!
6. My aunt arrived with a salad that featured a calcium-rich green vegetable which was once banned from the White House by an American president. We were quite happy to include it in our spread, and I filled my plate with a salad that included the florets of what vegetable?
7. I filled my plate generously with the salad my grandparents brought along. As well as the vegetables, it featured two ingredients commonly added to salads for flavor and texture. What non-vegetable ingredients can be clearly seen in this image?
8. My next batch of plate-filling used this salad that my younger brother brought to the feast. He used a number of interesting ingredients, including boiled eggs and what raw fungus?
9. My daughter brought along a salad with which I filled my plate more than once. The penne pasta, the tomatoes and the broccoli have all been seen in some of the other salads, but this salad included two items that were not in any of the others. One was several sorts of olive. What other vegetable ingredient was used as part of her salad?
10. I left my own salad to be the last plateful, in case I got full - I knew I could always make some more for myself! I included an ingredient that is frequently included in salads, although some find it to be overly pungent. So what are those translucent white semi-circular vegetables in the picture?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.