Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the armless statue known as the Venus de Milo thought to have held in its left hand?
2. Many famous sculptures are the effort of more than one sculptor, at different periods in time.
3. "The Kiss" is a marble statue that depicts characters from which piece of literature?
4. "The Pieta" is one of Michelangelo's first commissioned sculptures.
5. This exquisite marble chariot clock depicts Clio, the Greek muse of which of the following?
6. When the marble sculpture known as "Laocoon and his Sons" was found buried in a vineyard in 1506, the Pope sent which great artist to the location to examine it?
7. Marble has often been used to make draped female figures, used as columns. What is the name of these beautiful works of art?
8. This sculpture, known as "The Resting Satyr", is usually attributed to which of the following men?
9. Which of the following Italian artists created this lovely piece of art, entitled "Psyche Revived by the Kiss of Love"?
10. In 1620, this statue, known as the "Barberini Faun", was discovered in which of the following locations?
Source: Author dcpddc478
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.