Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The ancient Greeks used two styles of painting on their pottery. Which was the oldest, black figure or red figure?
2. What is one of the most famous shapes in the skyline of Florence, Italy?
3. Which famous statue was designed by Bartholdi?
4. Which artist, born in Rotterdam, moved to the United States and painted a series called 'Woman'?
5. Which Roman monument finished in 113 A.D., commemorates the emperor's campaigns in Dacia, with a continuous relief narrative?
6. Who was the artist born in Russia, that emigrated to the United States and was known for his color-field paintings?
7. Name the artist born in 1881, who was influenced by the Cubists and whose art involved humans and machines?
8. After the second World War, what city became a center of creative activity in art that rivalled Paris's position of artistic preeminence in the first half of the century?
9. In the mid-19th century Thomas Cole and his followers became known as the _________________?
10. The Cloisters is a branch of which New York City Museum?
Source: Author vikan
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.