Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Girl with a Pearl Earring" is the title of a masterpiece by which of the following Dutch painters?
2. While you may have seen images of Da Vinci's "Mona Lisa", do you know on what type of substance the painting was created?
3. "The Slave Ship" (1840) is a stunning painting. Who was its English creator, regarded today as not just a great landscape artist, but as a great historical painter?
4. The Canadian west coast has many native tribes whose spirituality is expressed visually in the form of totem poles, and their beauty and majesty were the subject of many of the paintings of this artist and writer, a true Canadian icon. Who was she?
5. Which Rembrandt painting was stolen from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston in 1990, a theft which was the cause of great mystery?
6. Grant Wood entered a painting into a competition at the Art Institute of Chicago in 1930, subsequently winning the bronze medal. What was this work of art, that resonated with many as a symbol of the steadfast American spirit?
7. English artist Thomas Gainsborough created a pair of oil paintings named "The Blue Boy" and "Pinkie", which depict the twin niece and nephew of Paul Revere.
8. Which of the following is a Baroque painter known for his depictions of fleshy women as well as for his extravagant altarpieces and landscapes?
9. "I deny the accident," was a quote from which American abstract Impressionist artist, whose "drip" paintings revolutionized the art world?
10. In 1961, the Museum of Modern Art in New York discovered that they had been displaying which famous artist's work upside down?
Source: Author shorthumbz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LadyCaitriona
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.