Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Kitagawa Utamaro was a member of the ukiyo-e school of art. What does ukiyo-e translate as in English?
2. Which of the following artists created what is said to be the first work of pop art...called "Just What Is It That Makes Today's Homes So Different, So Appealing?" in 1956?
3. German artist Kurt Schwitters was best known for what type of work?
4. Which of the following people was known for his 'action paintings'?
5. German painter Hans Hoffman spent some time in the early 1930s teaching at what American university?
6. In Claes Oldenburg's "Colossal Monument to Park Avenue", what object did he visualize towering over the ritzy New York street?
7. Which artist created a sculpture of Michael Jackson and his pet monkey Bubbles?
8. With what revolutionary leader did Mexican artist Frida Kahlo have a brief affair?
9. Of the following 20th century artists, which doesn't belong in terms of their works?
10. Who sculpted the goat that can be found in the sculpture garden at the New York MOMA?
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.