Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. By what nickname was Hadid known?
2. "Like pebbles in a stream smoothed by erosion" was Hadid's own description of which riverside opera house, designed by her in 2002 and opening in 2010?
3. In 2008, Hadid joined forces with Brazilian firm Melissa to design which item?
4. For which building, designed for the London Olympics of 2012, did Zaha Hadid have to water down her original plans due to the costs involved?
5. In 2010 and 2011, Hadid was awarded the architectural equivalent of the Booker Prize for literature. What is this coveted prize called?
6. Fibre glass reinforced concrete makes up the Bridge Pavilion in Zaragoza, Spain, which Hadid designed to resemble a giant version of which flower crossing the river Ebro?
7. In 1999, Hadid beat off the competition to design a new ski jump facility on the Bergisel mountain in which country?
8. Four domed structures, linked by a series of bridges, eighteen floors high and all without a corner, are just some of the reasons the Hadid-designed Galaxy SOHO won acclaim from her peers. In which city could you look upon this marvel of architecture?
9. Zaya Hadid sadly died in 2016, and never got to see the completion of her first residential tower in the Western Hemisphere. Which American city is home to this incredible skyscraper known as "the scorpion tower"?
10. Following in the footsteps of Vivienne Westwood, Damien Hirst and Tracey Emin, 2017 saw which awards designed by Zaya Hadid?
Source: Author 480154st
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.