Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. If you tell somebody off for doing something wrong, you are said to give them 'a slap on the' what?
2. When you describe an item which is very expensive, it is said to cost 'an arm and' what body part?
3. A person who has a strong constitution is said to have a 'cast iron ...'. Which of these idioms fits the bill?
4. Which part of the body do you 'cross' when you hope something good will happen?
5. Where are you likely to 'foam' if you are very angry with something or someone?
6. If you are accurate about something, it is said that you have 'hit the nail' on which part of the body?
7. An involuntary response to something would be called a '... jerk reaction'. Where on the body is this idiom referring to?
8. To describe somebody who is getting on in years, you would say they were 'long in the' what?
9. What part of the body is in your 'cheek' if you have said a comment which is ironic or facetious?
10. Something based on a guess or an estimate is said to be 'rule of' what?
Source: Author Plodd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.