Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Remember to __ before you leap.
Or you may end up in too deep.
Now tell me so,
if you know,
what missing word do you seek?
2. Never give a __ an even break.
That's quite a harsh comment to make.
But you should know,
which word below,
this unfinished proverb needs to take?
3. Speak __ and carry a big stick.
Not always an easy trick.
But have you heard,
which missing word,
would be the best one to pick?
4. There is no __ without fire.
About this we need not enquire.
So in the blank,
which word do we thank,
for making this proverb entire?
5. You cannot get __ out of a stone.
Not even if you wail and moan.
But just what word,
needs to be heard,
to make this proverb full-grown?
6. Let the __ fit the crime.
That sounds downright sublime.
But do you know,
what word should go,
in the proverb's blank this time?
7. He who sups with the __ should have a long spoon,
Whether during the evening, or as early as noon.
What word will fit,
and in the blank sit,
to complete this proverb about a sordid commune?
8. You cannot make __ without straw.
A statement without a flaw,
But can you say,
in this quiz today,
which word completes this old saw?
9. While there is __ there is hope.
That's a rather old trope.
But have you guessed,
which word will best
fit this proverb that helps us to cope?
10. Time and __ wait for no man,
So we do the best that we can.
But, do you know,
the word that should go,
in the blank to complete this plan?
Source: Author beergirllaura
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.