Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Most of the hottest places in the world are located around desert regions. However, which two-time host of the Olympic Games set a record, in 1977, for the highest temperature ever recorded in Europe?
2. Wadi Halfa is a city at the edge of the Nubian Desert that has recorded a temperature of 127 degrees Fahrenheit. Which country, split into eastern and western halves by the Nile River, is Wadi Halfa located in?
3. Which country, famous for its "Kibbutz" culture, is the location of Tirat Zvi where a temperature of 129 degrees Fahrenheit was recorded back in 1942?
4. On the southern edge of the Sahara desert is another place that has recorded temperatures in excess of 130 degrees Fahrenheit. In which country is this UNESCO heritage site of Timbuktu?
5. Ghadames, Libya, at 131 degrees Fahrenheit, is tied with Kebili as one of the hottest ever recorded sites in the world. Kebili is located in the Sahara Desert within which smallest country of north Africa?
6. According to the World Meteorological Organization, which northern African nation (formerly represented with an all green flag), was "controversially" the first place to record an air temperature in excess of 58.0°C (136.4°F)?
7. Death Valley, U.S.A. also makes the list as one of the hottest places on the planet. Which state is home to the valley that boasts a regular July heat index of 125 degrees Fahrenheit?
8. The Turpan Depression, another 150 degree hotbed, is the third lowest place on the planet and lies within the Taklimakan Desert in which Asian country?
9. NASA's meteorological satellite program has measured the "badlands" of which Australian region reaching ground surface temperatures of 156 degrees Fahrenheit?
10. In 2005, the surface temperature recorded in a dry salt lake within the eastern region of the Lut Desert reached a staggering 159 degrees Fahrenheit. In which nation, formerly named Persia, might one find the Lut Desert?
Source: Author coachpauly
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.