Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. If my friend is getting ready to celebrate Krampusnacht, where, out of the choices listed, does he probably live?
2. While some think the Krampus is associated with the Christian devil, there are others who believe he is related to Viking mythology. If this is the case, who was his mother, the goddess of the dead, who presided over a realm that had the same name?
3. The name "Krampus" is derived from the German word "krampen". What does the word mean?
4. So we have established the fact that the Krampus is fearsome. What animal does he most closely resemble?
5. When the Krampus makes his appearance on Krampusnaught he typically has a companion. Who comes to the village with the Krampus?
6. The Krampus also carries bundles of branches, called the Ruten, that come from which of the following trees?
7. The townspeople where my friend lives like to participate in Krampusnacht and sometimes they like to dress up. What tradition is a must for anyone who wants to dress as a Krampus?
8. What date is Krampusnacht celebrated? It precedes the Feast of St. Nicholas.
9. What does the Krampus typically leave for children who have been bad?
10. On the postcard sent by my friend there is a picture of the Krampus carrying something. What is he probably carrying?
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.