Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. To get you started: The novel is set in Devon, England, at the Jolly Roger Hotel. What is the name and location of the hotel in the movie?
2. The movie includes a scene where Poirot is sent to the hotel by an insurance company to investigate the story behind a fake diamond. Why is Poirot at the "Jolly Roger" in the book?
3. The hotel owner, Mrs. Castle, is barely mentioned in the book. In the movie, however, Daphne Castle plays a major role. When you think about it, which other character from the book has been incorporated in the character of Daphne Castle?
4. Among the guests at the hotel, there are the Gardeners. While they are American in both book and movie, in which of the following aspects do they differ from the book, in the movie?
5. The Redferns, Patrick and Christine, play an important role in this story. However, some aspects about Patrick Redfern were added to the movie that were not in the book. Which of the following is NOT one of these newly added aspects? (Read the answers carefully!)
6. The novel has a number of characters that did not appear in the movie. But look at it the other way round: Which character from the movie did not appear in the book?
7. In contrast to the book, everyone at the hotel in the movie has a grudge against Arlena and/or would have had a motive for killing her.
8. The novel features a subplot about a different crime which serves as a red herring for a while but turns out to have nothing to do with the murder. It was omitted from the movie. Which subplot am I talking about?
9. Which vital clue to the solution of the case exists only in the movie?
10. In the movie, in contrast to the novel, it looks for a few minutes as if the murderers might get away with it - for complete lack of proof.
Source: Author PearlQ19
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.