Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Goldilocks ate up the mother bear's porridge.
2. In what year was "Sleeping Beauty" first published?
3. In the original fairy tale the prince renames Thumbelina to what name?
4. What did Hansel and Gretel leave as a trail, in order to find their way home on the second time?
5. What is the literal meaning of the name "Rumplestiltskin"?
6. What color was the apple that the evil stepmother/witch gave Snow White to eat?
7. Who published the original "Rapunzel" fairy tale?
8. In the tale of "Three Billy Goats Gruff", what lives under the bridge the goats must cross?
9. What were the names of the Three Little Pigs?
10. Who published "The Little Mermaid"?
11. "Beauty and the Beast" hails from what country?
12. "Jack and the Beanstalk" is a well-known and popular tale of a young man who must deal with a giant at the end of a beanstalk. The giant usually said the following when a human was nearby:
"Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!
I smell the blood of an Englishman."
What was the second part of his saying?
13. How did the frog turn into a prince in the original telling of the Grimm Brothers' "Frog Prince"?
14. In the Norwegian fairy tale "The Princess on the Glass Hill" (or the Glass Mountain), what three objects does the princess hold?
15. Pinocchio, from the Italian fairy tale by Carlo Collodi, does not appreciate the advice of the talking cricket. What does he do to the cricket to get him to stop giving him unwanted advice?
Source: Author shs05
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.