Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which one of these words is a trochee?
2. What is a pyrrhic foot?
3. Which of these lines of iambic pentameter has a weak ending?
4. There are lots of variations in ternary feet, consisting of three syllables. How would you describe this one: 'romantic'?
5. Which of these lines begins with two dactyls?
6. We all know what rhyme is. Or do we? What kind of rhyme is 'alone/home'?
7. What rhyme scheme does a rubai follow? (You may want to think of the 'Ruba'iat of Omar Khayyam' which follows this scheme even in its English translation.
8. Which of these poems is a villanelle?
9. If you think a villanelle's convoluted and bizarre, how about this? What poetic form has six stanzas each of six lines all ending in the same six words, used in a strict spiral rotation, followed by a final three-line stanza which must include all six words?
10. Geoffrey Chaucer's 'Troilus and Criseyde' is an example of which poetic form?
Source: Author rosc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.