Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This form of poetry is usually unrhymed and has five lines structured 5,7,5,7,7. What is it called?
2. This form of poetry has six six-lines stanzas (usually unrhymed). The end words of each line of the first stanza recurr in rotating order throughout the poem, and again as the middle and end word of a concluding envoi. What is it called?
3. This form has fourteen lines, usually written in iambic pentameter. The lines are grouped into three quatrains, and followed by a couplet. What is it called?
4. This poem is written as a lament, usually over the loss of a person.
What is it called?
5. This poetic form is Japanese and deals with nature. It has just three lines, made up of five, seven and five syllables. What is it called?
6. This form has eight lines, with the first line repeated as line four and seven, and the second line repeated as the eighth. It has a rhyme scheme of ABaAabAB. What is it called?
7. This form consists of a varying number of four-line stanzas which usually rhyme ABAB. The second and fourth lines of each stanza are repeated to form the first and third lines of the next stanza. The first and third lines of the opening stanzs then form the second and fourth lines of the last stanza, but are reversed so that the first and last line of the poem are the same. What is it called?
8. Poems written in this form are usually lighthearted. They have fifteen octo- or decasyllabic lines, in three stanzas with only two rhymes throughout. A word (or words) from the first stanza are used as a refrain (usually unrhymed) to end the second and third stanzas. What is it called?
9. This poem has five three-line stanzas followed by a quatrain (four line stanza) and has just two rhymes. The first and third lines of the first stanza are repeated alternately in the following stanzas as refrains. They are also used as the final two lines of the concluding quatrain. What is it called?
10. This is a fairly new form of poetry and consists of five lines of one, two, three, four and ten syllables. What is it called?
Source: Author Buzby
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bullymom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.