Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Some of you may have seen the much maligned film about an altruistic man, who moves to Amsterdan after an unfortunate accident, and reluctantly returns to his former profession of male gigolo, to help catch the real killer, when a friend is suspected of serial murder. Who won the 2005 worst actor Razzie for his sensitive performance in the title role of "Deuce Bigelow: European Gigolo"?
2. If you are prone to seeing films before reading reviews, you may have seen a film in which a graphic designer for a cosmetics company, named Patience Phillips, discovers that there is dark secret behind her employer's imminent release of an anti-aging product. Patience then acquires special abilities, including increased strength, speed, agility and enhanced sensory perception. What is the title of this film, starring Halle Berry, that won the worst picture Razzie in 2004?
3. Science fiction writer and Scientology founder, L. Ron Hubbard, wrote a novel set in the year 3000, in which a young human from the Rocky Mountains battles the Psychlos, an alien race trying to conquer mankind. What science fiction film,, based on this novel and starring John Travolta as the alien warrior Terl, won seven Razzies in 2000?
4. What film starring Kevin Costner, in which he portrays a drifter who restores hope to post-apocalyptic America by delivering mail, won the Razzie for worst picture of 1997?
5. A few moviegoers and many cable subscribers may recall a film about a starry-eyed young woman named Nomi Malone, who dreams of self-actualization by becoming a headlining Las Vegas showgirl, but finds that the road to stardom requires her to compromise the values she once held dear. What former cast member, or guest star, on "Saved by the Bell" won the 1995 worst actress Razzie for her performance as Nomi Malone in "Showgirls"?
6. In "Naked Gun 33 1/3" Leslie Nielsen attempts to foil a terrorist attack at the Academy Awards. One character in this film was police officer Nordberg, who was subjected to frequent injuries on the job. What former football star won a worst supporting actor Razzie in 1994 for his role as Nordberg in this film?
7. One of the more memorable films of the early nineties was "Encino Man". Two outcast high school students, Dave Morgan and Stoney Brown, unfreeze a cave man they find while digging a swimming pool. Who won the worst new star Razzie in 1992 for his screen debut as Stoney Brown in "Encino Man"?
8. "The Adventures of Ford Fairlance" is the suspenseful story of Mr. Rock and Roll Detective. He is hired by several clients who are later killed. Each had asked him to find a girl named Zuzu Petals. What comedian won a worst actor Razzie in 1990 for his performance in the title role in "The Adventures of Ford Fairlane"?
9. Leonard Parker was a retired spy whom the CIA brought out of retirement. His mission was to find out who was using mind control techniques to get small animals to kill people. What successful television actor won a worst actor Razzie in 1987 for his role as Leonard Parker in "Leonard Part 6"?
10. "Can't Stop the Music" was the inspirational story of a struggling composer. He assembled a group in Greenwich Village to perform his songs and help him achieve fame. What disco group was featured in "Can't Stop the Music", which won the Razzie for worst picture in 1980?
Source: Author Akhnaten
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.