Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first Golden Raspberry winner to accept the award in person was actually a triple winner, with 'Leonard Part 6' earning him victories for Worst Picture, Worst Screenplay and Worst Actor in 1988. His previous award experience included three Emmies (for 'I Spy') and seven Grammies for Best Comedy Performance. Which of these was the first to ask that the Golden Raspberry Award be made for real, and not just announced as a joke?
2. In 1993, Tom Selleck arranged to have his Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actor presented to him on the Chevy Chase show. What character did he portray in the 1992 film 'Christopher Columbus: The Discovery'?
3. In 1996, a Dutch-born director previously known for directing 'RoboCop' (1987), 'Total Recall' (1990) and 'Basic Instinct' (1992) became the first recipient of a Golden Raspberry Award to receive it at the actual awards ceremony. Who directed the year's Worst Picture, and was also decreed to be the Worst Director for 'Showgirls' (1995)?
4. In 1998, Brian Helgeland accepted a Golden Raspberry Award for his work on 'The Postman' and won an Academy Award for performing the same task for 'LA Confidential'. What was his job for both of these films?
5. In 2002, this Canadian actor brought along his own bit of red carpet to roll out as he attended the Golden Raspberry Awards, and subsequently accepted five Razzies for the film 'Freddy Got Fingered'. Who had to be dragged offstage while playing an apparently endless self-composition on the harmonica after his speech?
6. In 2004, Ben Affleck won the Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actor for his aggregate work in three different films. Which of these was NOT one of the films which earned him his Razzie?
7. In 2005, two people showed up to collect their Golden Raspberry Awards for 'Catwoman'. Which of them accepted the Razzie while holding an Oscar previously awarded for 'Monster's Ball' (2001)?
8. The second in-person recipient of a Golden Raspberry Award in 2005 had more success with such previous films as 'The Net' (1995), 'The Game' (1997), and 'Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines' (2003). Which of these, all of whom won Razzies for their work on 'Catwoman', was it?
9. The night after accepting a Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress in 'All About Steve' in 2010, this actress accepted an Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in 'The Blind Side'. Who was it?
10. In 2010, J. David Shapiro made his second in-person acceptance of a Golden Raspberry Award. He first accepted the award for Worst Screenplay in 2001, and then claimed the award for Worst Picture of the Decade for the same film, making him the first person to accept awards in two different years. Which film earned him this distinction?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.