Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This 1927 film was directed by Fritz Lang. In this film the head represents the intellectuals who can think but cannot implement and the hands represent the workers who, by their work, maintain the head. What is the name of this film that also features a mad scientist and a mechanical creature?
2. This 1933 film is a classic story of beauty taming the beast. What is the name of the film, directed by Merian C. Cooper and Ernest B. Schoedsack, that reaches its climax at the Empire State Building?
3. In this 1949 film directed by Carol Reed a writer, Holly Martins, goes to Vienna after being offered a job from his friend, Harry Lime, only to discover that Harry was killed. Holly Martins meets Anna Schimdt at Harry's funeral and intrigued decides to investigate his friend's death by searching for which person?
4. A boot maker in Lancashire England decides that he will not allow his three daughters to marry. His eldest daughter comes to head with her father by marrying his expert boot maker and set him up as a rival to him. What is the title of this 1954 film directed by David Lean that in English slang means no choice at all?
5. This 1964 film follows the escapades of The Beatles and Paul's grandfather. In this film Ringo goes missing, after being told by Paul's grandfather to go out and enjoy life rather than sit in a hotel room reading a book. What is the name of the film that was directed by Richard Lester?
6. Marion Crane embezzles 40 thousand dollars and in trying to avoid capture makes a detour and ends up in an isolated motel. The motel is run by Norman Bates who appears to be under the influence of his domineering mother. What is the name of this 1960 Alfred Hitchcock thriller?
7. Two musicians, trying to escape the Chicago mafia, join an all girl band that is heading for Florida by dressing up as women. What is the name of this highly amusing comedy directed by Billy Wilder in 1959?
8. Two Americans, Fred Dobbs and Bob Curtin, in Mexico struggling to make ends meet join up with Howard an old gold prospector and together they go in search of gold in the Mexican mountains. What is the name of this 1948 film directed by John Huston?
9. Finding himself accused of murder, Richard Hannay, a Canadian visiting London, is trying to prove both his innocence and to uncover a spy ring. What is the name of this 1935 film directed by Alfred Hitchcock and based on a John Buchan novel by the same name?
10. This 1922 horror film is believed to be the precursor for all other films in the same genre. The film is based on Bram Stocker's "Dracula". What is the name of the film that was directed by F. W. Murnau?
Source: Author gme24
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.