Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Burt Lancaster played a prisoner who developed a hobby concerning birds in the film "Birdman of Alcatraz". At what prison did the hobby begin?
2. Lewis E. Lawes was warden of Sing-Sing Prison and published a non-fiction book called "20,000 Years in Sing Sing". In 1932 a fictionalized version of the book was made starring Spencer Tracy as the central prisoner. What famous actress played his sweetheart?
3. "The Man in the Iron Mask" has been filmed numerous times, both silent and sound versions. Which one of these actors never played the Man in the Iron Mask?
4. In 1971 at Stanford University there was a psychological study to see how participants asked to play the roles of prisoners and guards reacted. The result of the study, terminated after six days, were frightening. In Germany in 2001 a film was made based on this incident. What was the name of this film?
5. In the "Green Mile" (1999) Tom Hanks played a lead prison guard named Paul Edgecomb. A prisoner John Coffey showed uncanny ability to heal by the touching of hands. What actor played Coffey?
6. In "We're No Angels"(1955) Humphrey Bogart, Aldo Ray, and Peter Ustinov played prisoners who escaped and befriended a struggling shop keeper and his family. From what famous prison had they escaped?
7. "I Am A Fugitive From a Chain Gang" (1932) was honored with three Academy Award nominations for Best Actor, Best Picture, and Best Sound Recording. What actor who was to be nominated six times for Best Actor received his first nomination for this film?
8. "Each Dawn I Die" (1939) was a prison vehicle for two actors famous for gangster and prison films. It was to be the only film that these two starred in together. Who were these two actors?
9. Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman played characters who endured the rigors of Devil's Island in this 1973 film. The title is the French word for butterfly which is what?
10. Based on a real life incident, what is the name of the film in which Mel Gibson's character, a prisoner, escaped with the help of the warden's wife, played by Dianne Keaton, with whom he was having an affair?
Source: Author Rehaberpro
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.