Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The plot of a 1991 movie revolved around two friendships. One storyline was set in the 1930s and was about a friendship between two women, named Ruth and Idgie, who ran a café in Whistle Stop, Alabama. The other storyline was set in the 1980s and was about a friendship between a housewife named Evelyn and an elderly woman named Ninny, who knew Ruth and Idgie years ago. What friendship movie was this?
2. Four teenage boys from Castle Rock, Oregon decided to spend their Labor Day weekend in 1959 searching for the dead body of a missing local boy named Ray Brower. These four boys had several adventures and became close friends that weekend. Which 1986 movie was this?
3. A group of baby boomer friends from college reunited for a weekend for the first time in fifteen years, due to the suicide of a friend mutual named Alex Marshall. The group spent the weekend after the funeral together and rekindled their old friendships. Which 1983 film was this?
4. Five very different students spent a Saturday in detention together at Shermer High School. Each of the students had their own label: a criminal; an athlete; a brain; a basket case and a princess. These students developed friendships that Saturday while in detention. What 1985 movie was this?
5. A group of aliens traveled to Earth and accidentally left behind one of their own as they were forced to flee the planet. This stranded alien was befriended by a young boy named Elliot. Elliot and his siblings helped this alien phone his home planet so the alien could be reunited with loved ones. Which 1982 film was this?
6. The title character in this movie, a man from Greenbow, Alabama, enlisted in the United States Army. He became friends with another soldier named Bubba and they fought in the Vietnam War together. After Bubba died in Vietnam, the title character fulfilled his promise to Bubba by becoming a shrimping boat captain with another friend from his platoon named Dan. What 1994 film was this?
7. A banker was wrongfully convicted of murder and was sentenced to serve two life sentences in a jail in Maine. While in jail, he became close friends with another inmate who was serving a life sentence for murder. Twenty years later, the banker escaped from jail and his friend received parole. The friends eventually reunited in Zihuatanejo, Mexico. What 1994 movie was this?
8. This 1988 movie revolved around the lifelong friendship of a New York actress and singer named C.C. Bloom and a San Francisco heiress and lawyer named Hillary Whitney. Hillary was diagnosed with terminal viral cardiomyopathy and C.C. took her dying friend to a beach house for Hillary's final days of life. C.C. agreed to adopt Hillary's daughter after Hillary's funeral. What movie was this?
9. This 1995 movie was about the relationship of two toys belonging to a boy named Andy. An astronaut action figure named Buzz Lightyear became Andy's favorite toy replacing a cowboy doll named Woody. At first Woody was resentful of Buzz and accidentally knocked Buzz out the house's window. Woody then redeemed himself by saving Buzz from Andy's evil neighbor, Sid. Buzz and Woody became good friends after this adventure. What movie was this?
10. In 1966 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a gang of low-income teenage friends called the Greasers had a rivalry with a gang of wealthier teenage friends called the Socs. Two Greasers were attacked by members of the Socs in the park. The two Greasers fought back and a member of the Socs was killed by stabbing from a switchblade. This fight in the park caused a rumble between the two groups so each group could avenge their friends's attack. Which 1983 film was this?
Source: Author workisboring
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.