Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "From Hell" was a film released in 2001 starring Johnny Depp and Heather Graham. Depp played Fred Abberline, the inspector on the case of the man who stalked the streets of Victorian Era London, killing and slicing up prostitutes. Who was the fiend this film was roughly based upon?
2. A film featured an FBI trainee who needed to reveal personal facts about herself to an imprisoned murderer in order to obtain information needed to catch another killer known for skinning his victims. The infamous movie killer the cadet was trying to nab was a cross between three factual ones: Ted Bundy, Gary Heidnik, and Ed Gein. Who was this?
3. Acclaimed director David Fincher released a film based on an infamous murderer of the San Francisco region of California. The well-known killer took the lives of his victims in the late 1960s and into the early 1970s. What was the title of this film based on the well-known killer?
4. In 1971, a film was released featuring a murderer whose killings were to some extent based on that of the slayings of the Zodiac. What was the name of the movie, which featured Clint Eastwood?
5. Nathan Leopold and Richard Loeb were two people who kidnapped and murdered an acquaintance of theirs, Bobby Franks. What famous film starring James Stewart featured a similar plot of two young men who strangled a "lesser" classmate of theirs before hiding the corpse in their apartment, and inviting friends and family over to a party so as to test the faultlessness of their crime?
6. Sandra Bullock starred in a 2002 film based on the case of Leopold and Loeb. The plot featured two high school students who endeavored to commit the perfect murder, but became engulfed in a cat and mouse game alongside the experienced female detective on the case. What was the name of the movie?
7. Aileen Wuornos was a lesbian prostitute who murdered seven men in Florida. She was executed on October 9, 2002, subsequent to receiving six death sentences. What was the name of the film that depicted her?
8. John Jarratt portrayed a character based the notorious Australian Backpack murderer, in "Wolf Creek". Who was the Australian Backpack murderer in real life?
9. A film starring Peter Lorre simply entitled "M" was released in 1931. The film was about a crazed child murderer, whom the authorities were unable to nab. Other criminals decided to catch the perpetrator themselves because the deaths caused by the child murderer were attracting too many cops to the vicinity. What German serial killer was the film supposedly based upon?
10. An Alfred Hitchcock film featured a killer loosely based on the Boston Strangler. What was the name of the movie?
Source: Author macabrescribe
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.