Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. (1991) The McCaffrey brothers, played by Kurt Russell and William Baldwin, are firefighters in Chicago, following in the footsteps of their father who was killed in action. Russell is a gung-ho, take charge guy who is over-protective of Baldwin's more hesitant, nervous approach. While they're trying to work out their rivalries, some arsonist is starting some pretty nasty fires, and they have to figure out who it is before any more lives are lost.
2. (1981) Set in prehistoric times, this film chronicles the trials and tribulations of three tribesmen who, after their tribe has lost its source of fire, set out to find a new one.
3. (1997) Being named the second most desirable place to live in the United States is a title that won't last for long when the volcano that's been inactive for years suddenly starts acting up, engulfing the whole town in fire and lava.
4. (1942) He was just a little fawn when his mother was shot by hunters. Under his father's careful tutelage he's grown into a fine young buck who has found a love of his own. But now the hunters have returned, and they've brought fire with them, and he must be strong so that he can lead the rest of the deer to safety, and take his father's place as prince of the forest.
5. (1974) On the very night of its grand opening party, a skyscraper experiences a massive fire, due to faulty wiring. The many occupants, trapped on different floors as the fire spreads, soon learn the truth of what the Fire Department had been warning - that they didn't have the equipment to fight a fire that far off the ground. This all star cast is one of the many disaster movies, that were so popular in the 70s.
6. (1984) Participating in medical experiments gave Andrew and Vicky the gift of telekinetic ability. But the really interesting development was that the daughter they produced together, Charlie, has pyrokinetic abilities - the ability to start a fire simply by thinking about it...or sometimes just by getting angry. Now the government has already killed Vicky, and is chasing down Andrew and Charlie because it wants to study them - but they have no desire to be caught.
7. (1997) Los Angeles experiences a minor earthquake, not exactly a new experience for them. But this one is followed by an eruption of lava in the LaBrea tar pits, heralding the birth of a brand new volcano situated underneath the city. Scientist try to warn everyone about what's going to happen, but no one believes them until the streets are literally flowing with lava.
8. (1989) He was a pilot, and a darned good one. He fought forest fires by air, loading up his plane with tons of water which he then dumped on the fire. Because he was good, he took chances that he shouldn't take, relying on his luck and skill to pull him out of danger. But one day his luck ran out, and the only way he was going to see his loved one again was as a ghost.
9. (2000) His dad had been a fire-fighter, who had died in the line of duty, but he grew up to be a cop. A bizarre cross-time radio link, which occurred during a spectacular display of the Northern Lights, hooked up father and son on the CB radio. Because of this connection, he was able to warn his dad about the fire in time to save his life, but in doing so, he set off a chain reaction of events that led to the death of his mother at the hands of a serial killer. Separated by 30 years, they must work together to solve the case and save her life.
10. (1976) This screen adaptation of a Stephen King novel tells the tale of a shy, unhappy girl with a tyrannical mother, who is mercilessly teased at school. What no one realizes is that she also has telekinetic abilities that had never been tested to their full potential. But when they set her up to feel accepted, and then douse her with a bucket of pig's blood, they learn the full extent of her abilities as she releases her wrath in fire.
Source: Author skunkee
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor linkan
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.