Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Rose Gordon runs an inn in the town of Beech following the death of her husband. She is helped by her son, Peter, a pale-skinned, lanky teenager who is good with his hands. What does Peter make that Rose uses to decorate the tables in the dining room?
2. Phil Burbank and his brother, George, are successful cattle ranchers in Montana. When a cattle drive takes them to Beech, they host a dinner for all the cowhands at Rose's inn. What does Phil do to make Rose cry?
3. When George tries to pay the bill for dinner, he finds Rose crying in the kitchen and ends up comforting her. He returns another day to see her, and finds her in need of assistance yet again. How does George help Rose out that day?
4. Rose moves into the ranch after her marriage to George, but Phil doesn't approve of his brother's choice of wife, and takes every opportunity to destroy her peace of mind. What source of stress for Rose does Phil exploit to undermine her well-being?
5. Even though he is not portrayed or shown in the film, one character nevertheless has a significant presence in the narrative because Phil constantly evokes his memory in conversation. What is the name of the ranch hand who taught Phil and George everything they know about ranching?
6. Phil and the cowhands taunt Peter relentlessly, but Peter seems unfazed by it. Phil attempts to start over with Peter by taking him under his wing. What essential item for ranch living does he offer to make for Peter?
7. The Burbank ranch sits in front of a hill range that rises up in the distance. Phil sees something in the rock formation that the other cowhands don't, so Phil is surprised when Peter sees it too. What shape can they discern from the shadows of the outcrop?
8. Peter traps a rabbit and surprises his mother, Rose, with it - a welcome moment of levity in her alcohol-addled state. What does Peter do with it next?
9. Phil is furious when he learns that Rose has given away all of his hides while he was out on a fencing job. How does he get the rawhide he needs to complete his project for Peter?
10. When Phil doesn't show up for breakfast the next morning, George finds him ill in bed. He takes him to town to see the doctor, but despite their efforts, Phil dies. What does the doctor suspect is the cause?
Source: Author jmorrow
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor spanishliz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.