Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first full-feature length movie with recorded speech and songs, can arguably be considered the first musical movie. The title was "The Jazz Singer" (1927), but who played the title role?
2. Music and dancing in movies always remind the Winds of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Which of their movies included the number "Dancing Cheek to Cheek"? All of the soundtrack was composed by Irving Berlin.
3. Some musical movies from the forties are blessed by animators with a merry imagination. In which of the following musical movies do the most unlikely animals dance upon a theme by Amilcare Ponchielli?
4. "Singin' in the Rain" (1952) stars Gene Kelly as Don Lockwood and Jean Hagen as his leading lady Lina Lamont. Who plays the role of Kathy Selden, who stands in for Lina Lamont in the musical they make together?
5. "Do-Re-Mi" is one of the quintessential songs out of which musical movie?
6. Which of the following movie musicals, with a lot of dancing, "is the word" and is the only one set in the United States?
7. Which of the following 1980's musicals had the leading roles for the unlikely combination Gene Kelly - Olivia Newton-John? It's the only one of these movies that gained zero Oscar nominations.
8. Which of Disney's 1990's movie musicals involved an unusual pair stretching their legs on the dance floor in a (medieval) castle? Even the furniture performs some merry dances.
9. "Mamma Mia", which was released in 2008, had been an audience favorite as a Broadway play, and the movie was very well received too. This is probably due to the music, which was all the product of which musical group?
10. Award winning film "Les Miserables" was based on a novel by the French author, Victor Hugo. Which actress earned an Academy Award for her performance as the orphaned single mother, Fantine?
Source: Author JanIQ
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.