Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. As a first course to our Belgian meal, I'd like to serve a tomato filled with some seafood. What do Belgians typically use to stuff tomatoes?
2. Waterzooi is a stew originally made with fish. In which Belgian city is it believed to have originated?
3. Which Belgian forest region has given its name to a type of roast?
4. Its popularity has led to it often being called the national dish of Belgium. What form of seafood would you be eating if you ordered "moules-frites"?
5. Belgium is well known for its waffles, which are typically eaten at breakfast time. True or false?
6. Which of the following soups is usually served at feast meals in Belgium during the months of May and June?
7. No meal is complete without a vegetable. Which of the following vegetables originated in the Mediterranean but is very popular in Belgium?
8. For another vegetarian option, you can consider ordering some "stoemp". Which of these vegetables is the main ingredient in stoemp?
9. Which of the following is another vegetable that is highly thought of in Belgium and is known as White Gold?
10. What unusual food item would you be served if you ordered "Paling in 't groen"?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.