Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This beautiful flower is often used as an example of retaining one's purity even when surrounded by mud. Which aquatic perennial is the national flower of India?
2. Palash is the flower of a deciduous tree native to the Indian subcontinent and parts of South East Asia. If I told you it was also associated with Agni, the Hindu god of fire, would you be able to pick its alternate name from the options?
3. When the cassia fistula is in bloom, its bright yellow flowers give the appearance of a golden shower earning it the nickname of the golden rain tree. Which Southeast Asian country has adopted this tree and its flowers as its national symbols?
4. The Brahma Kamal, a flower found in the Himalayas of northern India, has a name that translates to 'lotus of Hindu god Brahma'. However, is this flower a lotus or from the same family as the lotus?
5. There are various species of orchids that are endemic to India. Where in the country would you find the Vanilla andamanica growing wild?
6. The Valley of Flowers is a national park found in India. Which state is it located in?
7. The Night-flowering Jasmine is a fragrant flower native to south and southeast Asia. What is it nicknamed?
8. Another beautiful bloom is the Erythrina variegata. With alternate names of Tiger's claw and Indian coral tree, what colour would you expect the flowers to be?
9. The Champak is a fragrant flower that finds mention in the Indian epic of Ramayana. Which of these families does it belong to?
10. Which of these is a common name for the plumeria flower?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.