Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What item of food/drink is Danny offered by 'I' when he comes round to the flat at the start of the film?
2. According to Danny, a character known as the Coalman recently appeared in court, charged with drug smuggling, wearing two unusual items, against advice. What were the two items?
3. What does Withnail allegedly grow as a hobby?
4. What was the name of Uncle Monty's first theatrical agent?
5. When the boys try to explain to the farmer that they are staying at the cottage and mention Uncle Monty's name to him, he doesn't recognise it. By what name does he know Uncle Monty?
6. What does Jake the poacher offer the boys when he first meets them?
7. What item(s) are the boys supposed to buy in Penrith with Uncle Monty's money?
8. When Withnail is informed by the police officer that he is being placed under arrest for drunk-driving, near the end of the film, he replies "Don't be ridiculous, I haven't done anything". As the officer starts to pull him away, he gives another 'reason' why he shouldn't be arrested; what further information does he give?
9. According to Danny, what best signifies that the sixties ("the greatest decade in the history of mankind") is over?
10. 'I' eventually lands the lead role in a play at a theatre in Manchester, which is the reason he leaves the flat at the end of the film. In which play is he going to appear in?
Source: Author dersinghampaul
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.