Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "One, two, three, four!" Thus begins one of Paul's earliest compositions, written with John Lennon. About a girl who was "just seventeen, if you know what I mean", what is this song's title?
2. "Why she had to go, I don't know, she wouldn't say.
_____________ now I long for Yesterday."
What is the missing lyric from Paul's iconic song "Yesterday"?
3. What album, which was The Beatles' last released album together, was Paul's song "The Long and Winding Road" from?
4. "Well, the rain exploded with a mighty crash
As we fell into the sun;
And the first one said to the second one there:
'I hope you're having fun!'"
From which iconic Paul McCartney and Wings song are these lyrics?
5. "Love doesn't come in a minute;
Sometimes it doesn't come at all.
I only know that when I'm in it,
It isn't silly, love isn't silly, love isn't silly at all..."
This song tends to sum up many of Paul's songs. What is it called?
6. "I don't understand the way you think
Saying that she's yours, not mine
Sending roses and your silly dreams
Really just a waste of time--
Because she's mine."
Which Paul McCartney duet do these lyrics come from?
7. Which 1972-released McCartney song was banned by the BBC in the U.K. due to its controversial nature?
8. "Now that I'm alone again,
I can't stop breaking down again.
The simplest things set me off again..."
What song are these words from?
9. "There must have been a lot of heartache
For you to sink so low;
You must have had a ton of pressure
Only answer if the answer's no."
What 1993 McCartney song are these lyrics from?
10. In 2011, McCartney was commissioned by the New York City Ballet to write a ballet for them.
Source: Author lordprescott
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.