Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "She's the kind of girl who's not too shy,
And I can tell I'm her kind of guy,
She danced close to me like I hoped she would
(She danced with me like I hoped she would)"
What is the name of this song that tells of a young man who is hopeful that he's met the girl of his dreams?
2. "All over the world you can hear the sounds of lovers in love
You know what I mean
Just the two of us and nobody else in sight
There's nobody else and I'm feelin' good just holdin' you tight."
This song was also made popular by The Carpenters in later years. What song is this?
3. "How could they know just what this message means
The end of all my hopes the end of all my dreams?
How could they know a palace there had been
Behind the door where my love reigned as queen?"
What "message" referred to in the lyrics, that is also the title of the song, are the Hermits singing about?
4. "Lost control and rang your bell, I was sore
Let me in or else I'll beat down your door"
Whoa! The song's narrator is making quite a threat. What's the song?
5. "You'll think she's a prize at the start
But take my advice, play it smart
She's nothin' but trouble
Better cut out on the double
Before she gets into your heart"
This song carries quite the warning about a certain girl. What's its title?
6. "Everybody's got to love somebody sometime
Everybody's got to win a heart
Everybody's got to love somebody sometime
When you do, I hope you never part"
What song by the Hermits do these uplifting lyrics belong to?
7. "Never thought to ask you
Why you really came to see me
Was it just the picture pinned
So neatly on the wall?
Candle-light paints shadows
Of your figure on the ceiling."
What's the title of this song which paints quite a romantic setting for the narrator and the woman he's with?
8. "You can rest your head on the corner of your bed
You can watch the world go by
But you never gonna see
What the other people see
If you're always gonna be a _______."
The title of the song goes in the blank. Who is the song's narrator addressing?
9. "Don't know much about geography
Don't know much trigonometry
Don't know much about algebra
Don't know what a slide rule is for"
What's the name of this song whose narrator doesn't care much about school and academics?
10. One of Herman's Hermits biggest hits was their cover of a British music hall number that had been around since 1910. Two lines of its lyrics go:
"I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before"
What is the name of the song which contains the eponymous narrator of the lyrics above?
Source: Author CarolPrince82
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.