Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which English city do Herman's Hermits originate from?
2. Who "discovered" and produced Herman's Hermits?
3. In August 1964 Herman's Hermits released their first track which went straight to number one in the U.K. and provided a passport into America. Which song was this?
4. After their first, Herman's Hermits never had another U.K. number one, although they did have two U.S. number ones. What were these two number ones in America?
5. "Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter" was a 1968 feature film starring Herman's Hermits. But who or what was Mrs. Brown?
6. Herman's Hermits recorded "Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter" as an afterthought in two takes. The lead guitarist muted his guitar to create an almost ukelele like sound. Who was this highly accomplished guitarist/band member?
7. Peter Noone was also a child actor. In which British "soap" did he appear in playing the character Stanley Fairclough?
8. Which 1966 track was released in the U.S.A. that is perhaps more associated with George Formby on his ukelele?
9. What was the Christian name line-up of Herman's Hermits?
10. Peter Noone had just one solo hit with a version of a David Bowie song released in 1971. It reached number 12 in the U.K. Which song was this?
Source: Author Simon_Templar
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.