Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the opening to the the song, who/what is the singer talking to?
2. Where was it that the singer "walked alone"?
3. What did the "vision softly creeping" leave whilst the singer was sleeping?
4. What were the "narrow streets" constructed of?
5. To the best of our knowledge, what can we assume the weather conditions were during the song?
6. Apart from the "street lamp", what other kind of light is mentioned in the song?
7. At least how many people were "writing songs that voices never share"?
8. In the song, we have "people hearing without listening". Which of these other activities are the people also doing?
9. What disease do Simon & Garfunkel use to make an analogous reference to silence?
10. In the last verse, we hear where "the words of the prophets" are written. Which 60s female singer would caution against sleeping in that place?
Source: Author FussBudget
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.