Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. On January 21, 1984, a band that had formed in 1968 had their first and only number one hit on the US charts. The song is "Owner of a Lonely Heart". Who is the artist?
2. On February 4, 1984, The Culture Club had their only US number one hit. Which of their songs hit number one that date?
3. On February 25th, 1984, Van Halen topped the charts with "Jump". In which country were Alex and Eddie Van Halen born?
4. In 1984 two singles from the "Footloose" soundtrack made it to number one. Kenny Loggins hit the top spot with "Footloose" in March. Which song from "Footloose" topped the charts in May, 1984?
5. On October 13, 1984, Stevie Wonder had a number one hit with "I Just Called to Say I Love You". Which movie soundtrack featured the song?
6. On July 7, 1984, Prince released the first single from "Purple Rain". What is the title of the number one song?
7. Tina Turner first hit the charts in 1960 along with Ike singing "A Fool in Love". Twenty four years later she had her first solo number one hit. What was the Tina Turner release that hit number one on September 1, 1984?
8. Movie soundtracks were responsible for a lot of number one songs in 1984. Who had a number one with the title song to the movie "Ghostbusters"?
9. John Waite had the US Billboard number one song on September 22, 1984. What was the title of the song?
10. On June 9, 1984, Cyndi Lauper captured the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 and kept it for two weeks. Which song put Cyndi at the top?
Source: Author shanteyman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Dalgleish
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.