Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This larger-than-life character modernized his country and put an end to Sweden's imperial ambitions
2. Known for his great learning, this monarch - nicknamed "wonder of the world" - spent most of his reign fighting the power of the Church of Rome
3. At the age of 21, this ruler brought about the end of one of the longest-lived empires in history
4. Under this medieval king's rule, which followed his father's disastrous one, his country became one of the greatest military powers in Europe
5. Perhaps not the humblest person in history, this king who was compared to a bright star turned his country into a political and cultural superpower
6. With the help of his iron-fisted chancellor, this king presided over the unification of his country and the birth of an empire
7. Under this ruler, a central character in a famous medieval travelogue, direct contact between East and West was established
8. This monarch, whose powerful fleet met with disaster, ruled over a vast empire on which it was said the sun never set
9. Known for his chivalry as well as his military skill, this ruler was one of the key figures in the Third Crusade
10. This king, who was succeeded by his often-married son, rose to power at the end of a decades-long civil war
Source: Author LadyNym
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.