Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Fact: This scientist, who received the Nobel Prize for his work on the photoelectric effect, warned President Franklin Roosevelt regarding the danger of Germany developing an atomic bomb.
Quote: "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
2. Fact: This author, whose real name was Eric Arthur Blair, wrote two widely acclaimed novels dealing with totalitarianism, one of which featured a pig named "Snowball"
Quote: "The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it."
What was his "pen" name?
3. Fact: This famous Enlightenment philosopher wrote "Candide".
Quote: "Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung."
4. Fact: In 1956, this popular American singer had three of the top 5 Billboard hits (US). In 1957 he had two of the top 5 Billboard hits (US).
Quote: "I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to."
5. Fact: In 1857, at age 10, this inventor, who later invented the phonograph, set up a chemistry laboratory in his basement.
Quotation: "To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
6. Fact: Before he was ultimately assassinated, this dictator invaded Britain and won several battles.
Quotation: "It is better to create than to learn! Creating is the essence of life."
7. Fact: This Irish-born playwright penned "Pygmalion" and "Man and Superman".
Quote: "Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. "
8. Fact: This baseball catcher and manager is well known for what he said off the field as well as his performance on the field.
Quote: "You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours."
9. Fact: This celebrated American author wrote about a celebrated frog.
Quote: "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed."
10. Fact: This politician lost two elections for the American presidency in the 1950's.
Quote: "A free society is a place where it's safe to be unpopular."
Source: Author Uglybird
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.