Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain has been known for her love for which European breed of herding dog?
2. In 2007, which of these people left her Maltese, named Trouble, a 12 million dollar trust fund in her will?
3. The Hollywood actor John Wayne got which nickname from the name of his Airedale terrier?
4. Mark Twain is said to have exclaimed at his dog's funeral, "You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us".
5. Which 20th century European leader lovingly fed his furry friend cyanide tablets, in order to put him down?
6. Which noted author of "The Grapes of Wrath" (1939) also wrote "Travels With Charley" in 1960 as a tribute to his furry friend?
7. Following the death of which British monarch in 1910, did their Wire Haired Terrier form part of the funeral procession?
8. Which British prime minister owned a menagerie that included a Poodle named Rufus, who ate in the dining room with the rest of the family and was served his meal by the family butler?
9. Which author of "Strangers" (1986) and "Midnight" (1989) was known to be so attached to his Golden Retriever Trixie that she was often featured on the back of his books?
10. Man Ray was a beautiful Weimaraner whose photographs were seen all over the world thanks to her owner, who was which artist and photographer?
Source: Author dcpddc478
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Snowman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.