Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When the teenage Isabella came to England as Edward II's wife, what was likely the biggest shock she first received at court?
2. Edward II's barons had grown rebellious, fueled by their hatred of the royal favorite, Piers Gaveston. The barons forced Edward to banish Gaveston; however, he soon returned and the barons were ready to kill him. When the Earl of Lancaster caught them unawares, Edward knew that he, Isabella, and Gaveston were in danger. What did he do?
3. In 1312, Isabella gave birth to a son, the future Edward III. What title was this child first given?
4. By 1318, Edward II had a royal chamberlain named Hugh Despenser the Younger, whom Isabella abhorred. According to historians, what is the most probable cause of her enmity?
5. In 1325, Isabella's brother, the King of France, confiscated Edward's lands in France. This act enabled Isabella to leave England and return to her homeland, under the guise of negotiating on behalf of her husband. What did she do once she was in France?
6. What was the biggest mistake Edward II made in dealing with Isabella's rebellion?
7. When Isabella finally returned to England in 1326, what did she immediately do?
8. Isabella made the demand that Edward II should abdicate in favor of their son, Edward III. Of course, she planned on controlling her son, in effect becoming the supreme ruler of England.
9. After Edward II died and Edward III reached maturity, what became of Isabella?
10. How did Isabella live out the last years of her eventful life?
Source: Author pagiedamon
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.