Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. From whom does the Plantagenet dynasty take its name?
2. Who was the first Plantagenet king of England?
3. Apart from William, who died at age 3, who was the eldest son of Henry II to survive infancy?
4. How much of his ten-year reign did Richard the Lionheart spend in England?
5. What was the name of the charter that king John was forced to sign in 1215?
6. What was the nickname of Edward I?
7. Who was Edward II's favourite at the start of his reign?
8. What war did Edward III begin with France?
9. In which year did Henry IV force Richard II to abdicate?
10. In what battle of 1415 did Henry V defeat the French?
11. How old was Henry VI when he became king?
12. Who was the first Yorkist king?
13. Who was the last king of the Plantagenet dynasty?
14. The execution of which man ended the legitimate male line descent of the Plantagenet dynasty?
15. Which noble family are the last living direct male line descendants of the Plantagenets?
Source: Author Jayjaw
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Snowman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.