Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which English driver had Formula 1 experience with four teams, including Tyrrell and McLaren, before moving to CART with the PacWest team in 1996?
2. Many of the photographs that you may have seen of the American Civil War will have been accredited to this man, sometimes called, 'The man who invented photojournalism.' What was his name?
3. Which US general was secretly landed in North Africa prior to Operation 'Torch,' for meetings with friendly French officials?
4. Which young actor played Mark McCain in the TV series, 'The Rifleman'?
5. After starring as 'Oliver Twist,' opposite Alec Guinness as Fagin, this child actor went on to become a TV director with the BBC. Who is he?
6. Nicknamed 'The Bird,' this pitcher's antics on the mound amused the crowds for all too short a time. Early success was followed by early retirement for the man whose name is...?
7. What is the name of the young actor whose greatest success came starring opposite a dolphin on TV?
8. Which author of books, including 'A Bell For Adano,' was born in Tientsin in 1914, educated at Yale and later became Far East correspondent for 'Time' magazine?
9. After starring in the musical 'Oliver!,' which young star changed careers and became an osteopath?
10. What was the name of the sergeant who was the first soldier (as opposed to 'first man') to perform a deed for which the Victoria Cross was subsequently awarded?
Source: Author spanishliz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.