Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which famous artist, known also as the "Prince of Montparnasse", was born in the Bulgarian city of Vidin on March 31, 1885?
2. The family of this Bulgarian-born actress emigrated to Canada when she was two years old. Who is this famous Canadian actress, who started her acting career as Mia Jones in the CTV drama series "Degrassi: The Next Generation?"
3. Known as one of the most fierce Roman gladiators, this man of Thracian descent was actually born in the territory of what is Bulgaria today. Who is this ancient hero, leader in one of the most famous slave uprisings against the Roman Republic?
4. Which famous Bulgarian-born Russian pop singer is a five-time winner of the "Best Selling Russian Artist" award at the World Music Awards?
5. The first electronic digital computer in the world was prototyped in November 1939 with a grant of $650. Who is the famous American inventor of Bulgarian descent who developed the computer with the assistance of his graduate student, Clifford Berry?
6. Despite the fact that France is not a top destination in the rock music world, one Bulgarian-born singer did go on to become one of the most famous French female rock artists. Who is this beautiful and extremely talented woman?
7. One of the most iconic contemporary artists of the last century was born on June 13, 1935, in Gabrovo, Bulgaria. Who is this artist, most known for his "wrapped" buildings, including the "Wrapped Reichstag"?
8. A writer in German, he won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1981, "for writings marked by a broad outlook, a wealth of ideas and artistic power". Who is this German-language author, born in Ruse, Bulgaria, whose family later settled in Vienna?
9. He was a three-time Olympic gold medalist in weightlifting who set 46 world records. He was born in Bulgaria to an ethnic Turkish family. Who was this Bulgarian-born Turkish weightlifter who made the cover of Time magazine?
10. As Tom Hanks has stated in many television interviews, his father-in-law is Bulgarian. Who is the American actress and singer, the wife of Tom Hanks, whose father is Hassan Halilov Ibrahimoff?
Source: Author GunnerVd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.