Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. As an adult Scout leader, you need to complete various training topics. One of the most important is YPT, done online at least every two years. What is "YPT"?
2. You may start out as a Tiger Adult Partner when your son is six years old. What BSA program includes ranks such as Tiger, Wolf, Bear and WEBELOS?
3. What title, from Rudyard Kipling's "The Jungle Book", do Cub Scouts use to mean "leader" - such as their parents, older Scouts or their adult Scout leaders?
4. When a Cub Scout completes his second year as a WEBELOS, he has completed Cub Scouting and is ready to move on to Boy Scouting. What is the ceremony called when the boy moves from the Cub Scout Pack to the Boy Scout Troop?
5. After you've been a BSA adult leader for a few years, you may want to take what is billed as the premier Scout adult leader leadership training. At this course, you'll "work your ticket" and, hopefully, within 18 months will earn your "beads". What is the name of this course?
6. Your older Boy Scouts or Venturers may want to complete a fun & challenging trek at one of the four BSA High Adventure Bases. These are: The Summit in WV, Northern Tier in MN, Sea Base in FL and which other, in NM?
7. Scouts and adult leaders that distinguish themselves may be nominated for membership in Scouting's "honor society", the Order of the Arrow (OA). Who elects Scouting youth to the Order of the Arrow?
8. What BSA program is for youth aged 13-21 and includes both young men and young women?
9. As your child ages out of Scouting, you may want to continue in roles beyond the local unit level. What is the next organizational level up from the local BSA unit (Pack, Troop, Crew, Team or Post)?
10. Are the Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) part of the same organization as the Boy Scouts of America (BSA)?
Source: Author wjames
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.