Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Here's one little invention none of us can seem to do without. Who transformed the world of computing by developing the World Wide Web in 1990?
2. Where would we be without those good old bifocals that more and more of us baby boomers have to use to stop us from squinting at our computer screens. Who's the inventor?
3. If it weren't for this fellow, we'd still be wearing flannel britches with suspenders! Who invented denim overalls in 1873 which, thankfully, evolved into the faithful and much-loved denim jeans as we know them today?
4. The New York Times Sunday crossword is a favourite pastime of mine to keep those brains cells firing. Who was the innovative thinker who introduced this wonderful form of entertainment in 1913?
5. This nifty little creation has been a wonderful addition to the modern home and office. Who, quite by chance, invented the Post-It Note?
6. My kids can play this game for hours. I hope it will teach them how to manage their money when they finally start to earn some! Who invented the world's most popular board game, Monopoly?
7. No more quills and messy ink pots/ink blots for us thankfully! Who can we thank for inventing the fountain pen?
8. The crop rotational method revolutionized modern farming. Which American genius was responsible for developing this and many other inventions?
9. Which Englishman invented and patented the first steam engine in 1698?
10. Those hockey nights in Canada just wouldn't be the same without the contribution of which Italian-American who revolutionized the fine art of hockey rink grooming in 1949?
Source: Author Barbarini
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Snowman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.