Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Paul Gauguin was an eccentric painter who is known as a leader in which of the following artistic movements?
2. In 1973 the world lost which one of the following men who was known as the father of the Cubist movement and was known for his countless liaisons?
3. Which of these artists was left handed, had multiple tics, and was known to wear his hair and beard long and flowing at a time when this was out of fashion?
4. Which of these artists led a bizarre life marked by long periods of isolation, religious fervor and worked as a janitor for over 40 years at a Catholic hospital?
5. Salvador Dali comes to mind whenever one thinks of eccentric artists. That said, which one of these animals did he keep as a pet?
6. Which of these celebrated Renaissance artists was known for his wild temper tantrums, his tics, and his refusal to bathe?
7. 20th century artist Andy Warhol was known for his unusual peccadilloes as well as for designing the cover of which 1971 music album by The Rolling Stones?
8. Adolf Wölfli was an Austrian artist who hid from the Nazis in a small room in Vienna, which he subsequently did not leave for over 50 years.
9. Artist Marcel Duchamp (1887-1968) submitted a simple urinal as a piece of art in the 1917 Society of Independent Artists exhibition.
10. Vincent Van Gogh might be considered a poster child for the eccentric, misunderstood artist. What is usually said to have been the cause of his death?
Source: Author dcpddc478
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.